Urban Heritage and Development in Dar Es Salaam
Public Forum, Friday 25th September, 2015
As part of the Dar Heritage Days 2015 a public forum will be held at the National Museum / House of Culture. A platform for citizens and relevant stakeholder, the public forum invites you to learn about Dar’s urban heritage and about best practice examples from other cities. Engage in discourse and exchange over the challenge of preserving Dar’s heritage:
– What is urban heritage? Whose heritage is it, anyway?
– What sort of city are we creating for future generations?
– Can the Old and the New coexist for the benefit of all?
– How can the focus be moved from short-sighted commerce to sustainable urban management?
– Where are our voices? How do we ensure that they are heard?